Train like some of the strongest women in the world: powerlifters.
In this plan we guide you through a linear strength progression in three phases:
- Phase I: starts with squats, deadlifts, bench press, and overhead press.
- Phase II we introduce power cleans and have you alternating power cleans and deadlifts.
- Phase III we introduce back-extensions and chin-ups and have you alternating deadlifts, power cleans, back extensions, and chin-ups.
For all of these exercises, you will be increasing the weight you are lifting each training day.
This plan is appropriate for women of all ages and will help you build the foundation of your strength levels for life. If you completed The Warrior, this is the perfect plan to do next.
The key to getting stronger is lifting heavier over time. In this plan, you will want to increase what you are lifting each training session.
- Increase your squat, deadlift, and power clean by 5lbs each training day.
- Increase your bench press and overhead press by 2.5 pounds each training day.
- If you fail to complete a given set/rep scheme with a given weight, take 90% of the last successful weight and start there for your next workout.
- For pull-ups, use a pull-up machine to assist you with 3 sets of 5 and decrease the assistance weight until you can do 3 sets of 5 pull-ups. If you can already do 3 sets of 5 pull-ups, then start adding weights around your waist and increase by 1-2.5lbs each training day.
- For back extensions, start with bodyweight and focus on completing the movement with full range of motion before holding a weight to your chest as you do the movement.
The Powerlifter is one of our pro training plans. The best place to buy pro is from our website, where it’s only $29.99/mo vs. $36.33/mo in the App Store.
Train to build your mental and physical strength. Start training with Spitfire Athlete today.